Thursday 8 August 2013

Hair Tutorial: The Marilyn Set

Hello peoples,

I thought I would show you a mini hair tutorial. I styled my friend's hair for a photo day she had at her two week training school and here's how it looked. 

I cannot praise enough the amazingness of Umberto Giannini's Vintage Style Setting Lotion for Big Hair (bit of a mouthful i know!!). The night before the event I generously applied the setting lotion on to her wet hair (not soaking wet people) then rolled her hair in foam rollers in the usual setting pattern - i call it the Monroe. 

Hijacking my friend's phone flash for lighting. 

Basically the front is deep parted above the brow arch and then rolled downwards (towards the ear) until the crown. From the crown, the hair is rolled downwards (towards the nape of the neck).  

My scrawly arrows are phenomenal. 

It was then wrapped up for bedtime and in the morning after a soft brush out with a paddle brush it looked like this. 

Her hair is just below her chin in length when straight.

Here it is at the end of the day. 



Hope this is handy to you lot out there and to be honest, it is the easiest vintage style hairdo to do and you can complete it with a hat, a flower, or pretty barrettes. 

Until next time!!

VG
xXx

Please note: any products used in this have been tried and tested by me on myself and my clients. The opinion whether positive or negative is mine and not sponsored. 

2 comments:

  1. I like how it still had the curls at the end of the day. My friend has troubles with that whenever she curls her hair, will have to show her this.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy! Glad to have helped someone, it actually lasted until the next day even without wrapping it!

      My friend said that the setting lotion wasn't crunchy at all either so gave the hair bounce so it didn't drop.

      The VG.
      xXx

      Delete