Friday 16 August 2013

Afternoon Tea Review - Number Twelve, Ambassadors Bloomsbury

Hello lovely people,

The weather's been a bit on and off here in London but the little bits of Sun make it worth it! How has it been where you are?

My friend and I decided that we would spend one afternoon a month enjoying the very ladylike pass time of afternoon tea! 

So I thought I would share my review of the last place we went to. 


Last month we went to Number Twelve - a restaurant which is part of the Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel. 

We had the Champagne Afternoon Tea which included a glass of champagne and a pot of tea each, a plate of strawberries, a selection of finger sandwiches, 4 scones complete with clotted cream and a selection of jams and fresh fruit tartlets. 



Now, before I say what I have to say about the above tart let me tell you this: I have eaten A LOT of cakes... and tarts... and cupcakes... and generally a lot of nice things, but heir strawberry tart is THE best strawberry tart I have ever tasted (better even then the one I've eaten at Laduree- to be covered in my next post).

I cannot stand when a tart is tarte (haha classic me) when I'm eating I don't want my face to be drawn in to the reigion of my nose; I like pleasant creamy tastes, which is what this tart knew about me (yes I am personifying the tart because I feel it deserves that honour). 

We're going back there in a few months time and believe me I will be asking for their strawberry tart again.

Here are some photos of the  champagne we had.


I dropped some strawberries in because they taste lovely with alcohol in don't you know?!



My lovely herbal tea

I had a herbal tea which for the life of me I cannot remember the name of, but it was a really good, apple-y flavour. Somehow even though the teapots were glass, they stayed hot!

The atmosphere was really chilled and we had a seat under a glass ceiling so with the sun coming in it felt like we were on holiday!



Here are my ratings of the whole thing out of 10:

Atmosphere: 6/10 - not exactly a tea room but it had a really relaxed atmosphere and the staff were lovely

Drinks: 6/10 - tea was lovely but the champagne we had wasn't exactly my favourite although my friend like it.

Food: 8/10 - sandwiches, scones and tartes were lovely, however the other cakes were a bit boring compared to other afternoon teas I've had.

Price(£££ = v. expensive): ££ - we went with a voucher but the real price is in the middle range.

And here's me standing on the table...


Until next time...

The VG
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment